All of the listed leagues have a consistent number of regular players already. Anyone who’s interested please contact the respective contacts for the session(s) you would like to join. Standard drop-in rate applies, no extra league charge. Players are responsible for their own shuttles.
|Monday||7:00pm-10:00pm||Adult Recreational (Doubles)||Plastic||Ken Tranemail@example.com|
|Tuesday||10:00am-1:00pm||Adults Recreational (Doubles/Singles)||Plastic||Sam Sufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Thursday||5:00pm-8:00pm||Adults Recreational (Doubles/Singles)||Plastic||Steven Gaoemail@example.com|
|Friday||5:00pm-7:30pm||Adult Recreational (doubles)||Plastic||JJ Wufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Friday||6:30pm-9:00pm||Adult Recreational (doubles)||Plastic||Sam Suemail@example.com|
|Saturday||10:00am-1:00pm||Adult Recreational (doubles)||Plastic||Ken Tranfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Saturday||6:00pm-9:00pm||University/High School League (Co-ed doubles)||Plastic||Sunvy Tongemail@example.com|
|Sunday||1:00pm-4:00pm||Adult Recreation (Women's Doubles)||Plastic||Julia Lee||403-389-6508||Sammie650@gmail.com|
|Sunday||3:30pm-6:00pm||Competitive Doubles/Singles||Feather||Greg Buryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Starting September 9th, 2017, Gao Badminton Tao HS/Uni League will run once a week every Saturday from 6:00pm-9:00pm at SmashCity Calgary.
League organizers: Sunvy Tong; Ryan Tan
League scores and updates will be posted on our Facebook Group. Follow us and stay informed!
- Sept 9, 2017 – Nov 25, 2017.
- 11 regular league days.
- No league on Oct 7th due to tournament.
- Register as individual player.
- Players must sign waivers upon first league check-in.
- $8 for drop in league fee.
- Check in on day of League in person at SmashCity.
- New players are welcome.
- Doubles format; doubles partners will be randomly assigned each match. Opponents will be randomly assigned each match.
- All games are self-officiated.
- Badminton League is run on a point system:
- 3 points for match won
- 2 points for match tied
- 1 point for match lost
- 0 points for no show
- Cumulative league points will be updated after every league day available for public viewing on Facebook Group: Gao Badminton Tao Saturday League – SmashCity Calgary
- All Badminton Leagues use a rally-point scoring system.
- Each match consists of a two game format
- Game 1 and 2 – first team to 21 points (must win by 2 capped at 30)
- Report match results to League Coordinator after each match.
Season End Prizes Available!!
A feather shuttle event – players are to provide their own shuttles
Competitive Singles & Doubles
- Time: Sundays 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Cost: Drop-in fees apply
- Sign up: as an individual. (check in with league manager upon arrival)
- Co-ed doubles & singles
- BWF standard 21 rally point system, deuce up to 30
- Doubles: 2 games with each player on your assigned court
- Singles: 1 match with each player on your assigned court
- Check in and pay at reception up arrival